Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pink Floyd co-founder Richard Wright has died

- R.I.P. Richard Wright-
Eternal thanks for "The Great Gig in thy Sky"


London, England (AP) Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday after battling cancer. He was 65.

In addition to singing and playing keyboards and mixing synthesizers with psychedelic, Miles Davis inspired jazz-infused rock hits, Wright was also the band’s lyricist and composer on two of my favorite songs, Us and Them and The Great Gig in the Sky (the latter, beautiful song has no lyrics.)

US AND THEM

(final stanza)


"…Down and out

It can’t be helped

but there’s a lot of it about.

With, without.

And who’ll deny

it’s what the fighting’s all about?

Out of the way,

it’s a busy day

I’ve got things on my mind.

For the want of the price of tea and a slice

The old man died."



R.I.P. Richard Wright.

-2Truthy

No comments: