Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I Know What It Means to be Red, White, and Blue




The National Minority Anthem
-2Truthy


Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Moe
Catch a hardworking,
talented, awesome
Entertaining minority
by the toe
If he can sing in English
Let him go
Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Moe



A long day in the cotton
field
Another bale of hay
Wrong turn down an
alley
And the heat's on today
Got to run to catch up
With the Jones


Nobody said you had a free ride
Takin my family, my music, my pride
Into their hands, they took it away so I moved
to the city and here I will stay
Keepin with me the dream of singin my song
If you listen you'll hear me even when I am gone


My public, my passion, my liberty bells
Now the glory crowd gathers, the glitter, the swells
With song all around me
Applauding and new
And I know what it means
to be Red, White, and Blue

-2Truthy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please be open when viewing the movie. It starts off with potentially offensive material but it is necessary as a foundation for the presentation of the later information.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

2Truthy said...

anonymous,

Heavy stuff -- this Central bank, One World 'conspiracy', Fed Reserve ought to be overthrown etc. as it relates to the country's international economic standing and where it is headed...

I started watching the video (found nothing offensive so far) but will pick it up later after the busy weekend is over. -t.t.

Anonymous said...

This a great poem.