Friday, October 17, 2008

Four Tops Frontman Levi Stubbs has Died

R.I.P. Levi Stubbs

Breaking News

Levi Stubbs, the lead singer in the Motown rhythm and blues quartet, the Four Tops, died Friday at the age of 72 in Michigan after a long battle with illness, an official at the regional coroner's office said.

In 1986, Stubbs' baritone voice was used in the film "Little Shop of Horrors" for Audrey II, the man-eating plant.

He died at his home. Click here for "Walk Away Renee," my favorite Four Tops song. What's yours?

-2Truthy

4 comments:

thetownliar said...

That's a tough one - (not because I'm Motown challenged) but I'd have to say "Bernadette" only because that was my girlfriend's name in college and she made played it all the time so I know it by heart.

Citizen Carrie said...

Very sad about Levi Stubbs! How to pick a favorite Four Tops song? You could ask me every day of the week and I'd come up with a different answer every day. I'm a softie for "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" because my son and some other kids sang and danced to it in a school musical a few years ago.

said...

I'd vote for "Walk Away Renee" also.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

2Truthy said...

tl, you know all the words to Bernadette? I'm impressed!

cc, that must have been so cute to see your son perform one of the heavies. You're right, all their stuff is so great but growing up playing instruments and singing, I found (most) major chords arrangements not so interesting.

yay tor! "Walk Away Renee" hands down, ze winner!