Monday, March 19, 2007

Britney Spears Needs New Groove

Britney Spears Ponders a new Sound


Lots of talk this week about “pushin broom”, as Naomi Campbell begins her sentence mopping floors on a community service stint for throwing her cellphone at her housekeeper.
http://tootruthy.blogspot.com/2007/03/scooter-libby-and-naomi-campbell-does.html

Over the past week, Britney Spears has been taking it on the chin again with her latest rehab stint. The press has been following her around like rottweillers in heat while she sorts through her personal life. We too, have come to know Britney

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17521715/

The young pop diva needs a new groove. Is there such a music genre yet as
“Techno-Trailer Trash”? If not, who better than to spin a new hit sound to the great Roger Miller’s “King of the Road”? I mean it. Britney is going through a period of finding herself while she needs a new sound. SOS to her agent…

Watch the video and sing along, and imagine a techno-pop version of this Britney could mix up. Admittedly, I am not per se a Britney fan, but she still has room for experimentation on the evolving pop-rap-pre and post feudal music landscape.
-2Truthy


QUEEN OF REHAB
Special Thanks to Roger Miller
Lyrics by 2Truthy

Trailers for sale or rent
Where the hell is Fifty Cent!
No underpants or regrets
I ain’t got no cigarettes…

Ah, but two hours of pushin’ broom
Think I overpaid for my room
I’m a pop-diva queen by all means
Queen of Rehab.

Third meeting with the group
Get’s me lookin’ for hair goop
I can NOT stand my hair
I think I’ll shave it on a dare!

I smoke old stale butts I have found
Mostly when they’re layin’ around
Don’t pay no mind to think
That I’m not even sposed to drink…

I like Wild Turkey in my coke
Margarita’s when I get soaked
Then off to the Mandarin
To flash my tush with Paris Hilton.

I know in every airport and on every train
All of my best fans are calling my name
From every dirt farm and through every town
Anyone’s who ain’t gone to rehab's a clown

I said

Trailers for sale or rent
Where the hell is Fifty Cent!
No underpants or regrets
I ain’t got no cigarettes…


No comments: