Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Judge Walton to Scooter Libby: "30 Months in the Hole!"

Does the Punishment Fit the Crime?
WASHINGTON - Former White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby was sentenced to 2½ years in prison Tuesday for lying and obstructing the CIA leak investigation
Memo to Scooter: I don't know what the rest of the Swamp is thinking around there today but if it were up to me, I would have sentenced you to a punishment most fitting: being the Wilson's chauffeur, maid, dishwasher, garbage hauler, wall-paperer, housepainter, cook, plumber, chimney sweeper, pool boy and annual birthday clown to the twins. If I left anything out, drop me a line.
You'll have plenty of time in the slammer for correspondence -- and reflection.
Although Abu Ghraib and Gitmo are off the menu, I am sure your new diggs can be improved upon by a guest visit or two from that other high profile (former) convict Martha Stewart. Who knows, perhaps she will send you a Tiffany's diamond studded picture frame of Valerie, Joe and the twins as a housewarming gift!
Not to worry. You'll be rooming in a cozy all boys club just down the street from home and time will fly while you pound out a bestseller.
Like Martha Stewart used to always say, "It's a good thing."
-2Truthy


No comments: